Victoria’s beautiful coastal capital Melbourne was recently voted one of the most influential cities in the world, making it the perfect choice for your all-important business meetings and events. Now that you have chosen the perfect city, what about the perfect venue? Make sure you get more from your Melbourne meeting with these seven handy tips for ensuring a truly effective and successful event.
1. Location can make or break a meeting - Time is money so it’s likely that those attending the meeting won’t be ok with spending excessive time travelling to and from. Plus, you want to make a good first impression with the right location to reflect your business’ message. Of course, you will be spoilt for choice for venues in Melbourne, but it’s hard to beat The Como Melbourne MGallery by Sofitel’s convenient location, stylish design and impeccable service. Located right in the heart of Melbourne’s fashionable South Yarra district, The Como Melbourne offers a sophisticated conference venue for you and your guests, with access to onsite valet car parking, and trams and trains within a short walking distance.
2. Size matters – Meetings can easily go off track so decide ahead of time the goal of your meeting and try to keep focused throughout the event. If you need to make big decisions, keeping your meeting small can be more effective. For more informative conferences and promoting new products, it may be a case of the more the merrier. Whatever you choose, make sure the venue can accommodate your chosen meeting size. The Como Melbourne can accommodate anywhere from 8 to 150 delegates, in the hotel’s nine modern and stylish individual event rooms and suites.
3. Food for thought – Make sure to keep those creative juices flowing by keeping the coffee flowing. If your meeting is likely to last any length of time, a venue that provides catering is a great idea in order to keep everyone happy and motivated. Specialising in catering for all styles of events, The Como Melbourne provides sensational gourmet menus appropriate for all tastes, special dietary needs and budgets,all accompanied by professional, friendly and attentive staff. [GA-IMHaAS1]
4. Make punctuality a reality - Start on time and end on time, nobody likes a meeting that goes on far longer than necessary. Make an agenda for your meeting or event and stick to it. The likelihood is that everyone is busy so avoid your participants continuously clock-watching and encourage them to take an active role in your meetings. Venues with plenty of natural light have been proven to promote attentiveness, so choose a light and airy meeting room, like the Chapel Suite at The Como Melbourne.
5. Spoilt for choice - The Como Melbourne offers nine unique settings for your event, with various options of tailored beverage and canapé packages. The Sundeck is a unique space offering a sun drenched escape perfect for casual meetings and celebratory events, while the stylish Claremont Suite offers a more formal space, abundant in natural light and ideal for strategic meetings, or for a cocktail party that oozes style and sophistication, there is always the aptly titled Gold Suite.
6. Get feedback – See where you can improve next time by asking your attendees for feedback. This will also show your attendees you’re interested in their opinion. Of course, if you’ve chosen to hold your event at The Como Melbourne there will only be good feedback on your venue choice!
7. Sleep Easy – After your event success, catch up on some well-earned rest without having to worry about travelling anywhere. Spoil your delegates in one of The Como Melbourne’s 111 luxurious and spacious accommodation rooms, with a room, suite or apartment to suit everyone.