Whether you’re travelling with kids in tow, stopping off on business or looking for a romantic getaway South Yarra is the place to stay. Conveniently situated just moments from the centre of the city of Melbourne well as some of Melbourne’s very best beaches, it’s hard to beat South Yarra for great location. Aside from its location, South Yarra has a unique appeal and is made for walking and can keep you occupied for hours, even days. Just try resisting the seductive window displays with their offer of the best in stylish clothes, shoes, accessories and much more. Everyone can find their own style here and Chapel Street is the ideal place to put the finishing touches to your look or to dream up a whole new one.
Even the most experienced fashionista requires sustenance and the Chapel Street Precinct has one of the liveliest alfresco cultures in Melbourne. Linger over a gourmet meal stretching throughout the afternoon, or a quick snack or sidewalk coffee while you watch the passing parade.
1. Family Friendly – Taking small children into the big city can be a stressful experience for even the most laid-back parents, but in the relaxed and safe suburbs of South Yarra it's a far more stress-free experience. There's plenty of parks, playgrounds and kid-friendly activities and places to explore within South Yarra, while only being a short drive or train ride to the big city of Melbourne, where you'll discover Melbourne Zoo, Sea Life Melbourne Aquarium and Melbourne Museum.
2. Business Best – With the convenience of being close to the CBD while enjoying the peace and quiet of the suburbs South Yarra is a top choice for business travellers. As one of Melbourne’s oldest suburbs, South Yarra’s spacious streets are lined with grand old frontages and some of the city’s finest properties, many of which house coffee spots ideal for casual meetings or sophisticated bars that make great venues for a well-deserved deal-maker celebration. Getting from A to B is no problem with the option of train, tram, bus or taxi. And if you're flying into Melbourne, it should take just less than 45 minutes to get from the airport to South Yarra by taxi.
3. Terrific For Travellers – If you're looking for culture and great food then look no further than South Yarra. Soak up the rich history of Como House and Gardens – dating back to 1847, Como House was named after Lake Como in Italy, where the builder, Edward Eyre Williams proposed to his wife. Meander round one of the local museums and galleries. Discover some of the best local produce markets in the world, like Prahran Market - a popular indoor market dating back to 1864. Plus getting around in South Yarra is easy with plenty of convenient transport options available – just choose your preferred mode of transportation and hop on.
4. Relaxed Romance – South Yarra's relaxed vibe makes it the perfect spot for a little romantic getaway. Stroll along the leafy banks of the impressive Yarra River and capture the moment with the photogenic backdrop of some of the many architectural treasures in the area. There's a plethora of glamorous restaurants, chic bars and hip cafés to cater for all your dining needs and a high-street lined with luxury labels so you can treat each other (or yourself).
5. Awesome Accommodation – South Yarra is home to some of the very best hotels, including The Como Melbourne MGallery by Sofitel. This 5-star boutique hotel is perfectly situated at the intersection of Chapel Street and Toorak Road, so all the top tourist attractions, things to do and places to visit are easily on hand. Plus with 111 spacious sunlight-flooded suites to choose from, accompanied by warm and attentive service, you're sure to have a relaxing stay in South Yarra.